Access to Work is a government scheme to help those with a mental health condition or disability stay in work.
DurhamEnable can help you check your eligibility and assist with making an Access to Work claim.
Receiving an Access to Work grant does not affect any other benefit you may get, and you do not have to pay the money back.
What an Access to Work grant can do for you
Access to Work can help you pay for additional support you may need once in work, or during an interview.
This could include:
- special aids, equipment or adaptations you need at work
- a Job Coach to help you learn and do your job
- help with travel if you have difficulties using public transport
- a Job Coach or Support Worker at job interviews
- mental health support
- a BSL interpreter, lip speaker, or note taker
- adaptions to your vehicle to help you get to work
Access to Work cannot pay for reasonable adjustments, as these are changes your employer must make, but DurhamEnable can co-operate with staff from Access to Work and advise your employer on any adjustments you may need.